Books | Art | Critical Theory | Music | New York



New Jersey


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information provided here is governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It’s my first time out of the city since moving in, and I am sitting in what strikes me as an extravagantly large room. Elin and I took a bus to Montclair to spend a few days with a family friend, who lives with six cats. I’m allergic to all six of them, I’m afraid, but knowing that, she quarantined the guest bedroom and everything seems to be fine. Better than last time we visited (at that juncture, there were ten cats in the house), when my throat began to close up and I eventually conceded after an hour of stubborn denial to the fact that I am, indeed, allergic to cats.

We have internet installed in our apartment now, so the blogging shall resume. I have a number of things fill in from the last few weeks, most of them strange experiences that I’d be amiss to not record.

We are leaving for Ikea to fill in the last corners of my five foot wide room. It’s a cloudy day. It’s always seemed interesting that on a cloudy day, the sun’s more indirect light causes everything to seem brighter, like each thing gives off its own light.

0 Comments



Leave your input.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Blake
  • Chicago, IL, United States

Previous posts




Powered by Blogger
Check Page Rank