Books | Art | Critical Theory | Music | New York



Friday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information provided here is governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Many apologies for the lack of posting--our free wireless internet disappeared into the woodwork, so we're left stranded. I'm at work sneaking in sentences while the boss goes to fix her coffee. At least she isn't asking me to get it for her, which is what I suppose is expected.

9-5 takes more out of you than you'd think, especially considering that fact that you tend to do very little that is physically exerting. I had more energy when I worked construction and spent the majority of days getting sunburned on the roof of a half-completed garage. But today is Friday, and Friday means jeans! Go denim!

Went to a concert in someone's store-front apartment in Brooklyn last night. It was pretty average until a guy wearing a bumble bee costume came out (fishnet stockings, fabric wings), turned on a smoke machine, and started hopping and dancing around like a character from Yellow Submarine. Except the music wasn't nearly as good. Nonetheless, this city continues to suggest the ever-present reality that if you can imagine something, it's probably happening somewhere.

A job posting just went up on The Economist Intranet for a fact-checker in the New York office, which I would give my arm for. I am eating free hummus and losing my eyesight via tedious spreadsheet entry. And I'm picking up Elin from the airport in five hours.

7 Comments

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay! new post! anyways I'll be in Philly late monday night...maybe we can meet up while Elin is still in town. peace out holmes, austin

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay! new post! anyways I'll be in Philly late monday night...maybe we can meet up while Elin is still in town. peace out holmes, austin

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay! new post! anyways I'll be in Philly late monday night...maybe we can meet up while Elin is still in town. peace out holmes, austin

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay! new post! anyways I'll be in Philly late monday night...maybe we can meet up while Elin is still in town. peace out holmes, austin

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    okay, may fault my computer messed up I hate my own face

    Blogger tyhollett 

    Man, I thought a lot of people were excited by the news of the new job opening but no, it was only Austin's mutiple use of the phrase "yay" [I envision him throwing his arms up in the air while saying that].

    I bet it's that corporate computer that he got...

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay! yay yay! yay, yay, yay! I thought I would echo Austin's enthusiasm, but I'll throw in a few more yays (yay! yay! yay!) for finding your blog. Hope you're doing well bro, Bales



Leave your input.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Blake
  • Chicago, IL, United States

Previous posts




Powered by Blogger
Check Page Rank