Books | Art | Critical Theory | Music | New York



Thanksgiving; America


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information provided here is governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I have something ready to recite when it's my turn around the table--got a job offer this week. Magically, I am going to be gainfully, editorially employed helping to publish English academic titles--I can hardly believe it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Here is a mash-up of Allen Ginsberg's poem "America" with a couple of songs by M83 and Broadcast. You have to click through a few pages to download it. Courtesy of this free audio editing program, and an audio glitch in my computer that gave me the idea. All works copyright of their owners. (If any license holders wish this file to removed, please contact me.)

The Times has released the 100 Notable Books of the Year.

And, here is my beautiful girlfriend on the left, winning first round of the Christ Church Regatta 2005, rowing for Magdalen College.

2 Comments

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    Congratulations, Blake!! And Barbara joins me in that sentiment. Hope this doesn't mean you won't have time to blog. Looking forward to more and talking about Flavin and the other healthful flavonoids.

    Anonymous Anonymous 

    Blake,

    Tony Blair arrived in the mail today, thanks, and I've arrived at your blogspot. I wanted to see your girlfriend rowing at Oxford and the link wouldn't work!

    Thanks for the converation early in the week. Good luck with the new work and new york.



Leave your input.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Blake
  • Chicago, IL, United States

Previous posts




Powered by Blogger
Check Page Rank